Jennifer began her practice in 2002 in criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury work. In 2004, she made the change to insurance defense, and began a career of representation of employers and insurance companies throughout Tennessee. She has represented companies in the defense of numerous workers compensation and personal injury claims, defense of retaliatory discharge claims, and in collection actions. She is an experienced trial attorney who has been litigating in both state and federal courts throughout Tennessee since 2002. In addition to her admittance in all courts in Tennessee, she is also admitted in the U.S. District Court of Tennessee in all three districts. She was admitted to the Kentucky Bar in 2013. Jennifer is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Knoxville Bar Association, Tennessee Self-Insured Association, the Mid-South Workers Compensation Association, Blue Goose International, and a board member for the Julia Barbara Foundation, a charity promoting awareness and funding of research of childhood cancer.
Jennifer was born in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. She has lived in Tennessee for most of her life, except when she attended Birmingham-Southern College in Birmingham, Alabama, where she earned her bachelors of science in Psychology. After graduating from college, Jennifer was accepted at the University of Tennessee School of Law and graduated in 2002.
Jennifer and her son, Zachary, reside in Knoxville, Tennessee, where they enjoy visiting the zoo and making home-cooked meals. She is involved in her church and enjoys volunteering her time with various community programs.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. – 2002
- Birmingham Southern College, Birmingham, Alabama
- Major: Psychology
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Self-Insured Association, Member
- Mid-South Workers Compensation Association, Member
- Tennessee, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Employment Law
- General Litigation