Child Support & Contempt Helping Individuals & Families in Tennessee

Getting The Support You Need

Raising children is both expensive and time-consuming, especially if you’re the primary caregiver after a divorce. For many people, child support payments are an integral way they care for their child. If payments start to falter, they may not be able to provide everything necessary for their kids. That’s why advocating for what you need is important, especially when it comes to providing for your children.

When what matters most is at stake, call Peterson White LLP. We will give you honest, straight-forward representation while fighting for what is legally owed to you. Don’t leave the future of your children to chance; we can help you today.

How Child Support Works

While child custody determines where and how a child will be raised, child support provides financial assistance for the parent who is primarily involved in the care of the child. Usually, the parent paying child support is referred to as the “Alternate Residential Parent” (ARP), whereas the parent receiving payments is called the “Primary Residential Parent” (PRP).

Many factors are considered to determine child support. In Tennessee, it’s generally calculated based on the income of both parents and the amount of time that the child lives with each parent. Contact a family law attorney for more detailed information.

Enforcing Child Support In Cases Of Contempt

If you haven’t received a child support payment from your ex-spouse for at least 45 days, consider contacting a lawyer who can work with Tennessee’s Child Support Program on your behalf. There are many ways that the state can collect child support payments, including:

  • Placing a lien on the ARP’s property
  • Garnishing wages
  • Intercepting federal or state income tax refunds
  • Other administrative methods

If someone is no longer able to pay child support due to job loss or medical reasons, they may be able to modify their payments to make them.

Attorney Jodi Loden can represent your interests if your spouse is unwilling or unable to pay the designated child support amount. Raising children is expensive, and you shouldn’t carry the financial burden alone. With experience in juvenile and divorce law, she can help you get the support you need to give your kids the best opportunities possible.

Guarding Your Interests Today

We’re here to protect what matters to you. Send us a message online or call us today at F:P:Sub:Phone} to get started.

What Sets Us Apart?

Serving Our Community Since 2011
  • Genuine Advocacy

    We pride ourselves on being honest and trustworthy with a genuine passion for helping our clients.

  • Personalized Service

    We understand that every case is unique, requiring a personalized strategy and plan.

  • Experienced & Dependable

    We fight aggressively for our clients' best interests and have successfully handled thousands of cases.

Contact Us Today

We're Ready to Help You & Your Family
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.